Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

5.7 x28 review

5.7 X28 Review - The all-new Ruger 57 pistol is a very special weapon that uses 5.7×28mm ammunition. The 5.7x28mm (5.7) pistol cartridge, which FN produced in the 1980s, is a high-velocity, small-caliber pistol cartridge based on the 5.56x45mm SS109 NATO cartridge. Ammo is fast, delivering about 2,000 feet per second exiting a 5" barrel. Ruger, here in the US, just introduced their Model 57 in December 2019, which uses the 5.7x28mm cartridge. I am fortunate to be the first to offer a "hot off the press" review of the Ruger 57 pistols and share it with you.

Without a doubt, the 5.7x28mm cartridge is an excellent cartridge that offers a number of advantages. The 5.7 cartridge is made smaller in case and bullet size, which some say is improved performance over the 9x19mm. The round has a long and thin design with a bumpy case and a pointed bullet as you can see in the photo above. It is about 4 times longer than its diameter. This compares to the standard 9mm cartridge, which is about 1.5 times wider. The 5.7x28mm cartridge's center of gravity is further back on the bullet than the others. So when the 5,7 cartridge hits the target, the bullet tends to pitch or slant forward and kneel from side to side, creating a much larger wound cavity. This helps transfer the projectile's energy to the target more efficiently, making it less likely that whatever is behind will penetrate the target too deeply. So big wound cavity; Transfer more energy; less overpenetration; Further expansion. Many say that the 5.7mm gun has only a third of the recoil of the 5.6mm NATO and two thirds of the 9x19mm gun. The pressure level of the cartridge is low enough that the pistol is recoil powered and helps reduce felt recoil. I had to shoot it myself to see what the felt recoil was like and compare it to the fine FN 5.7 pistol I tested here in December 2016.

5.7 X28 Review

5.7 X28 Review

5.7 There are mixed opinions about cartridges and pistols and it depends on how you define and measure "power" etc. Although it has been criticized by gun control groups, the ATF's investigation found no commercially available ammunition for the civilian market. The 5,7 gun was capable of defeating ballistic armor, as some claimed. The second generation 5.7 cartridge was designed for the law enforcement and civilian markets. The "LF" (lead-free SS195LF) cartridges can be used for training and law enforcement, while the SS197SR sporting cartridge is intended for civilian use, as armor-piercing ammunition is banned in the United States. ) cartridge with a completely lead-free primer and projectile is also intended for use indoors or where potential lead contamination is a concern. (I prefer the outdoor area.)

Ruger 57 Review: Cheaper And Better Than The Fn Five Seven?

Some say the cost of 5.7x28mm ammo is a major downside. Think about it. Civilian SS197SR cartridges cost about $20. per 50 rounds, while the SS195LF HP rounds are around $25 per 50 rounds. So the ammo appears to be in terms of tolerance with .45 ACP (e.g. Speer Gold Dot 230 grain HP $28 per 50 rounds) and other calibers (e.g. Federal Premium .40 S&W 155 grain HP $28 per 50 shot) to be comparable.

5.7 now works with the military and police forces of more than 40 countries, including Canada, France, Spain, Greece, India, Poland and the US Secret Service, some Navy SEAL units and the Bundesschutzdienst. The internal hammer of the Ruger Double Action 5.7 is not an SAO hammer as some claim, but is cocked whenever a round is in the chamber. There is no deck. So while I like the 9mm, I had to try the 5.7 to see if this unique gun and caliber would work for me. You can compare this review to my handgun analysis, comparison, and ranking in the second edition of my book, Concealed Carry and Handgun Essentials.

What follows first are the specifications and features of the Ruger 57 pistol. Then I'll give you my 10 criteria by which I rate all weapons. Finally, I present my analysis and how I specifically rated the gun against each of my 10 criteria for recommending or not recommending. As always, set your own criteria and priorities, do your own research and check my data, information, etc. for your personal selection process.

Here are just 10 of my criteria and components that I use to rate each handgun, so I'm going to use them for the Ruger-57. In addition to my criteria, there are some subjective characteristics that may be of interest to some, such as: a specific style, magazine release position, action, caliber, appearance, number of magazines, sights/modifications, bore axis, rail, grip angle, without porting or includes extras such as porting, holster and pouches, customer service, etc. So I put them to my last various criteria combined. I have to admit that all weapon choices involve compromises, but I really want all of my criteria to be met. I assigned each of my 10 criteria a possible total of 10 points to achieve a possible total of 100 points. You can of course add your own additional criteria and preferences or subtract mine.

Psa 5.7 Rock Review: Best 5.7 Handgun?

Realize that there are multiple characteristics, traits, pros and cons, and personal criteria that need to be considered and considered, and make your own trade-offs based on your priorities, preferences, defined needs, and usage.

I was keen to shoot this pistol and bought Federal American Eagle 5.7x28mm 40 grain ammo, AE5728A. Ammo was readily available and you could shop around for the best ammo prices. 5.7 Ammunition is offered by FN Herstal, Federal and Spear. I went through this stock very quickly and had to take more shots to adequately test and evaluate. I'm grateful that Ruger donated some more ammo. This gun was a lot of fun to shoot and I was surprised by its accuracy, lack of muzzle stroke and very soft recoil for a light gun. I enjoyed firing around 400 rounds and couldn't put this fine pistol down. I typically shoot 500 rounds over a couple of days to determine if I want to use the gun and how best to use it. Below are my ratings for each of my 10 criteria for the Ruger-57 for my home defense and shooting purposes. I also considered whether this light pistol with a 4.9" barrel and 5.6" height could be a carry weapon. For me, it wasn't too heavy, too big, or awkward for concealed carry. I know some wear it. I wanted to put the gun through its paces and test it thoroughly for malfunctions, downtime, precision and reliability. Many thanks to Ruger for providing Federal American Eagle and FNH ammunition for my pistol testing and evaluation.

This Ruger 57 pistol did a great job. No malfunctions or disconnects of any kind and I love the 20 round magazine. It digests a variety of ammo with no problems. I was surprised by the barely perceptible recoil and hardly any muzzle travel. I can honestly say that the recoil was much less than my 9mm and almost my .22 mag rounds. When I set the slide up, it was light and smooth as butter to handle and it was so easy to insert and detach the magazine from the magazine well. And the magazines fall out of the magazine quickly and easily. It performed exceptionally well. I was impressed with its short, smooth, light and crisp trigger pull, similar to my single-action pistol despite being a pre-cocked double-action pistol. I love the ergonomics and lines of this gun. Though polymer, it felt solid in my hand despite being very light. It was very comfortable to hold and the medium-aggressive grip texture was just right for me. The grip is thin enough but long and impressively wide to hold 20 rounds in the magazine. For my medium-sized hands, the grip felt just right and comfortable for me. I would like to reiterate the nice soft recoil and very low force on each muzzle stroke of this gun. Great features and performance to improve accuracy. Below I will be specific and present my thoughts for each of my criteria after my series of tests.

5.7 X28 Review

At various ranges, particularly 10 to 25 yards, the accuracy was very acceptable, but shoot with it to make your own decisions based on your ability and skill... and your budget.

Fn Five Seven Mk3 Mrd

The accuracy of the Ruger-57 was excellent for me from 5 yards to 25 yards. This older programmer was happy, but the gun did most of the work. I didn't have to adjust the rear sight for elevation or windage right out of the box. After no fine-tuning, my hits were very good. 4.75#

Stihl bga 57 review, fn 5.7 x28 review, prs 57 08 pickups review, anytek x28 review, gibson 57 classic review, omega speedmaster 57 review, uniwa x28 flip phone review, fujikura speeder 57 shaft review, usd sway 57 review, garmin 57 review, 5.7 x28 review, stihl fsa 57 review

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code